Turning 80, in my opinion, is an amazing accomplishment and is something that should be celebrated. Apparently, the party stores disagree. As my mom and I walked up one aisle and down another, it seemed that people don't expect you to make it past 60... or they expect you to make it to 100. There sure isn't much in the middle! We had to end up settling for some "80" confetti, napkins, table centerpieces, and a balloon. We couldn't even get the man a celebratory birthday hat!! It's a shame.
However, we did get him a cake from Marquez Bakery. There is a possiblity that you have absolutely no clue why that's important... however, if you were at our wedding, you know. That's where our wedding cakes came from, and they are beyond sinful. Decadent, moist, and full of flavorful explosions! Yum! I made him chicken enchiladas... which actually ended up exposing my dirty little secret that yes indeed, I can cook. Oh well, I suppose all meals I'll have to cook from here on out was worth the smile on his face. :)
No matter how busy life gets, don't ever hesitate to take the time to celebrate. You only get one life... shoudn't you get busy enjoying it? :)
Love to all,
M&M

waiting for cake!
My beautiful grandparents!
My grandparents and their best friends! (we consider them family!!)
The originals!
The whole family! (minus Matthew and Sara)

1 comments:
I didn't know you had a blog!!! Yes you do need to get better at updating! 6 days till we move to texas! YAY!!!!!!!!:)
Post a Comment