CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer 2008... Please Slow Down!!

Today marks my official "2 weeks until I report to new teacher for crowley ISD" mark. The week after that is when all teachers report back, then the week after that, I get my new class of 3rd graders! Where has summer gone?? Why is it that the school year seems to crawl by, and then summer (which also happens to be my most favorite time of year in the world) flies by so quick I'm not even sure where it went. Ahhh!


Highlights of Summer 2008:

- We celebrated our 2 year anniversary!!

- I went to Destin, FL for the first time, ever!

- I got to visit Disney World, with an amazing group of people, for the first time in 20 years!

- I officially passed the halfway mark, and turned 26. (eek!)

- We started a weekly dinner rotation between our house, my grandparents house, and my mom's house... so I get to see my family more than I've seen them most of the year!

- I got a new job, I got out of an extremely unhealthy work environment, and I don't have to commute anymore!

- Michael will turn 28 before the summer is over! (see what I mean about time flying?!)

- We spent (and will continue to spend) some really fun weekends with friends we don't get to see much during the "school year". Ha!

- Before summer is over, we will have gone on a super fun river float with a big group of our friends! Yay! (I'm really excited about this one!)

- Our friends Jenni (who is also one of my oldest friends) and Ben, and their new baby Aiden, are finally moving back to Texas!

- Hopefully, we will get our kitchen painted! (not a fun feat with 10 ft ceilings!)

- My fabulous sister-in-law Haley got accepted into the Culinary Institute of America, on the same day I got my new job! That was a great day!!

- We visited some new lakes we'd never been to before!

2008 has been a big year for my family, and I hope it only continues to get more positive as we finish the year out. I for one am having trouble trying to keep myself on the positive track, but I'm constantly reminded that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!! Boy do I have some stories to uphold that saying! :)

Michael is working really hard in his stores, my SIL Haley is getting closer and closer to her culinary dreams, my mom is working hard to get her personal training certification (go mom!), and I'm about to begin my 3rd year teaching, in my 3rd grade level of my teaching career. You know what they say, work hard, play harder! Haha! Better get busy enjoying what's left of summer!! (and get better at updating this blog!)

Love ya'll!
M&M
Various pics of Summer 2008!

Michael and Casey on PK in May 2008!

Nichole and I on PK in May 2008!

On PK, Memorial day 2008!

Bill Engvall at Billy Bobs for my 26th bday!
Whole fam at Chuy's for the BIG day!
With my beautiful mom on my 26th!

My amazing family on my 26th!
With an even more amazing husband!

On Lake Lewisville, July 2008!
Lake Lewisville, July 2008!

1 comments:

Jennifer

I feel so special that we were on your list!!! We need to plan to get together ASAP! Definitely before you go back to school cause then I will probably never see you! Love you!