CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Only 2 More Days...

2 more days until I'm back into the swing of daily life. I'm really nervous about going back to work (and planning and grading) and trying to stay on top of cleaning, working out, and cooking... these things are so much easier to do when work isn't involved! I know if I keep my eyes on the prize I can handle it... so encouragement would be nice! :) Michael is so busy now with his new job, I want to stay on top of everything so he doesn't have to worry about it when he gets home. It's usually 7-8 when he finally DOES get home... so we get 2-3 hours tops together before we crawl in bed to sleep and recover before doing it over again. Blah!

Yes, I spent my entire spring break cleaning. Yes, it annoys me! Haha! BUT, my house is soooo clean. I'm at a standstill until Michael has some time to help me re-arrange a couple of rooms and move in a couple of bookcases so I still have a closet I really need to go through, and Michael has some things he needs to take care of in the office, but I accomplished my goals! (Short of painting...) I'm so proud of myself! :) It's so much easier to relax knowing that I can leave all the rooms of my house open, there's no ugly surprise I want to keep hidden, lol! Everything's dusted, Windexed, super clean! :) I have a few more things I need to wash, but it's mostly from either the camper, or extra bedding that we aren't using. YAY for me!

I feel like something has opened up inside me this year. I don't know if it's me finally grabbing hold of my life and saying that's it! I'm going to do what I need to do. I have no idea what exactly it is, but I can tell you right now that it's the most amazing feeling. I really feel like for the first time in a long time, I'm not just saying things - I'm actually going to follow through on them: working out, eating better (cooking at home), keeping our house clean... doing things I should have been doing. I let myself wallow in things and be frustrated/upset over things I had no control over for too long - money, family issues, etc... and now I've just decided that it's me and Michael against the rest of the world. It seems to be working! :)

Things to celebrate: we both have jobs and paychecks! FINALLY! Our house is CLEEEANN!!! :) We both are starting a workout regiment on Monday (I've only got a few weeks on him) - p90x here we come! Yikes, lol! I'm going to start cooking dinner so we're not eating out (no wasted money or extra calories we don't need). We're finally (knock on wood and cross your fingers!) in a place where the finances don't seem so dim. Not in time for a Spring Break trip, but hopefully in time for a wonderful anniversary trip!! :) (Almost 4 years!!!!)

Prayer Requests: That the healthy attitudes and positive goal setting in our house continue! :)

0 comments: