CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Goal #3: Organize My Life!

Ever since I was child I was this incredibly OCD person. My Barbies had a specific place, as their their furniture, accessories, etc... Their shoes got a place. So did their evening gowns, bathing suits, night clothes, cute little accessories (phones, pictures, food). It was ridiculous. I used to spend so long on every little meticulous detail of setting up Barbie and Ken's home that my sister would get bored and move on to other things!

My closet has always been organized according to season, then by type of clothing (going on, casual, work), then by dresses, skirts, pants, jeans, shirts, then by color. (I told you - OCD!) I have these amazing hangie-things that hold all my shoes (well not all...) and my purses all go on a shelf. This however is the only place of my house that's this organized.

I don't know if y'all have picked up on this yet or not, but I get overwhelmed easily. Not your normal kind of overwhelmed though... I'm talking way past the point of overload. I think I need to do everything at once and don't know where to start becuase I think I need to get it all done or it's not going to be done right, and then nothing get's done. It's a vicious cycle.

Well, I've had it. My house is driving me absolutely crazy, and I can't take it anymore! We moved into our home 4 years ago April 1st weekend and I swear sometimes you'd never know that we've lived here this long. We have things boxed in the garage (some of it's my school stuff) and things that have been pushed, tucked, and shoved away instead of put where it should go. The idea of spending a weekend away, playing Wii with my husband, going for a nice walk, dinner with friends, etc... always sounds so much more appealing to me than working on this stuff. That's probably becuase I'm aware it's going to take a good week to get it as clean/organized as I'd like it to be. (Remember, OCD woman here!)

Let's also factor in my ADD - cue the overwhelmedness, with the not knowing where to start because I think I need to do it all at once part. This has been the biggest uphill battle I've had to face. Add to it that I really hate to clean... I love the clean house part, I just hate actually cleaning it... and it makes for a bad time. I know this is something I need to get over and get with the program because someday when we have a kid (or two) I need it to already be organized! I need a system in place. Knowing and doing are 2 very different animals.

So, I'm kicking off this goal HUGELY over Spring Break. Yes, I'm spending my weeklong vacation working on this house! I've got an office to clean/organize. I have a guest bedroom to completely move. I have an extra room that's turned into a junk/teacher storeroom. I need stuff boxed and in the attic (we keep forgetting we have one of those and try to store everything in the house) so it's up and out of the way. I want to paint our hall bathroom and get pictures up we've had forever. And if I'm lucky, I'll have a little bit of extra cash to spend on decorations! I try to hold on to that one really tight, because it makes me the most excited! :) I don't get to do that often!

If all goes as planned, we just might have the most clean/organized house we've had in several years... and that relaxes me a little too much. :) Is it sad that I get uptight thinking about how un-organized my house is?? My classroom is a million times more organized than my house! But once again, it's small, and I clean it daily. (Plus I have 21 extra helpers!) Haha!

This particular goal is one of my favorites because I know that once everything finally FINALLY has it's place, I won't balk so bad at having to clean. The hardest part will already be done! Then I just have to keep up with it which is way easier. :)

0 comments: