CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 4 of Spring Break...

I keep telling myself that all this cleaning will be worth it in the end. So far I've done at least 12 loads of laundry... but I'm washing everything in the entire house. Pillows, blankets, sheets (some from the camper), towels, more towels, mats, etc... It's unreal!

Last night we took the mattress and box springs off the bed and moved it so we could vaccuum underneath it - we washed the bedskirt and the nightstand tablecloths (I cannot WAIT until we can buy actual bedroom furniture!) and the sheets... I had already washed the blanket on Sunday.

I feel like I've done more than any one person should do in one day on their house, and I feel like I've barely made a dent. We developed this terrible habit of cleaning the rooms we spend the most time in: kitchen, living room, hall bath, our bath, and our bedroom and totally neglecting the other rooms in the house. Hey the doors are closed, right? Not that it didn't drive me crazy, but who wants to spend their weekends ONLY working on their house? Not me! (not Michael either, he definitely isn't a "cleaner", lol!) Besides, with Michael's new work schedule keeping him so busy, we have to make time for each other when we have it. Yet another reason cleaning always tends to fall by the wayside.

So here I am, on my Spring Break, cleaning away like a crazy person. At least you can see the floor to the office again, and all the bills are filed away. The "school" room is something I'm still avoiding, the last thing I want to do is organize that mess!!! Yuck! My allergies are driving me nuts (thanks to the hidden dust/doghair) but I keep telling myself in the end, this will all be worth it. Right??

So today, my goals are to do more laundry (maybe I'll finish soon??), attack the storage room (blech!), work some more on the office, and maybe get all the stuff in the kitchen (extra stuff) organized. There's a certain junk drawer that needs to be cleaned out and organized yet again. Isn't it funny how one thing always leads to another?? Haha!

Here goes nothing...!!

0 comments: