CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break! (catch up time!!)

This post will probably be done in shifts over the course of today (like when I'm exhausted from cleaning and laundry and need to sit down) so more than likely, I'll be doing picture separately from the writing. Plus, it keeps me a little more sane because I'm just not willing to sit and try to figure out why my writing + pictures will not cooperate like I want them to on blogger. :)

I'm not keeping up so well with the blogging once a week thing (obviously) but it's not for a lack of wanting to. I just wish my words would go from my brain straight to the blog and I could skip sitting here and writing it out. HA! So I'll try to catch everyone up on the past 3 weeks of my life!

Wk 15 - I started to feel our little monkey moving around! (This is Baby B's nickname until we know what he/she is, and have a name for the sweet little darlin' because it moves around SO much!!) I just barely started feeling him/her at the end of the week - it's the weirdest, yet most amazing little movement. Kind of like bubbles, or popcorn popping!


Wk 16 - My 4 month mark sure started off with a bang!!! On February 28, I woke up with this really annoying pain in my lower right side, that went all the way through to my back. I wasn't doubled over, but it definitely made life uncomfortable. I figured maybe I just slept funny (as that seems to happen more often than not these days...) so I went about my morning business and went to work thinking that I'd call my doctor and they'd tell me I was worried about a normal pregnancy pain. Apparently, that was not the case at all! I called as soon as they opened (8:30) and was instructed that I needed to get myself to the office and have a sonogram and chat with the doc. Well, that's not so easy when you're a teacher. Obviously I had no sub plans ready to go because this is a last minute deal, so I had to find a way to get my class covered as well as leave everything up in the air for the rest of the day because I had no idea how the outcome of this visit would go. I left everything at school, met Michael at home, and headed to the doc. An unexpected sonogram is definitely a plus during pregnancy, I mean - who doesn't want to see their sweet baby on TV?? :) Luckily, baby was absolutely perfect and was ALL over the screen... this is the point that we found out yes, baby has a very distinct personality already. It makes the pregnancy so much more real when you get to see this sweet baby that you haven't quite started to feel move a lot yet, and you know that yes, something really is in there and it is definitely growing and doing things on it's own! While we didn't get to find out baby's gender early, we got a beautiful shot of it's spine and of it sucking it's thumb. ;) It apparently found it amusing to play with the tech because she had a hard time keeping up with our monkey! (Pretty sure this is when the nickname started...) After visiting with the doc, I was told to go home and was put on bed rest for the remainder of the day. I was also told that if my pain worsened or if I developed fever, I needed to go straight to the ER at our hospital and have blood work done and be monitored. They were very concerned that my pain was linked to my appendix. If you ever have issues with your appendix, and you are pregnant and in your second trimester, they will apparently go ahead and operate to take it out and play it safe so that it doesn't explode and cause further complications. Yuck! My vote was no that entire option! (Like I really get a choice here...)


March 1 (Tues) - March definitely came in like a lion for our little family. I woke up not feeling any better at all (and still at home...) and went ahead and packed a bag for the hospital. Better to be safe than sorry, right?? I mean, I might be going to the hospital (I already knew what my doc was going to tell me when I called) but who knows when I'd be coming home? It all depended on what my test results said. We stopped by Einstein Bros Bagel Co before going to the hospital (Mommy and baby were very hungry!!) and was told upon walking into the ER that I couldn't eat or drink any of the deliciousness in my hands (cinnamon/sugar bagel, fruit, OJ) because of the blood test. GRRRRR! >>Insert very grumpy agitated mommy here!!<<


I guess I should mention that at this point we were supposed to be leaving on Thurs (March 3) to go to New York to watch my SIL, Haley, graduate from the CIA (Culinary Institute of America... not the govt branch!) and basically, our plans were now completely shot. Mommy was on bed rest, and Daddy was pretty uneasy about the fact that we had no idea why I was in pain, and what to do about it. Tylenol is super helpful with these things you know!! (NOT!)


The rest of the week literally crawled by. All I could do was sit and watch TV (my attention span is officially shot with this pregnancy and it's really hard for me to even read) and I couldn't get comfortable. Plus, my kids were dealing with a different sub every day at school and my team was having to come up with stuff for my kids to do each day - which is definitely less than ideal when benchmarks were the next week. Bad situation all around!! My mom spent part of Wednesday with me and cleaned my kitchen - Mommy on bed rest + Daddy working in Dallas = big mess! She also brought me lots of fruit, peanut butter, and flowers. Good combo for the pregnant lady! :) Thursday, Tiffany came and spent some time with me, and I got to see my BFF Jess and her hubby for dinner that night. Human interaction is fabulous when you're stuck doing nothing! Lol! By Friday, our little monkey was definitely making it's presence known. I was feeling kicking/punching more often than before and I have to admit that I LOVE the fact that Monkey was moving around to the sound of Elvis on the TV. This is definitely my kid! ;) Glad that particular love was passed on down the line... I also got a phone call from my doc saying that we FINALLY had an answer. Drum roll please............. staph infection of the bladder!! What?! Who gets that?!?! Me, apparently. I didn't do anything to cause it, but I can tell you this - that get pretty painful on top of swollen kidneys. There is no comfortable position, I can promise you. Meds were called out, and I was hopefully on my way to being healed. Bed rest was lifted, and I got to go back out into the world! Yippee!!! We spent Saturday literally just going from store to store (I really just wanted out of the house and didn't care why!) and spent a ridiculous amount of time in Babies R Us (easy to do I tell you!) and bought some adorable neutral onesies. We just couldn't take it anymore!! We also bought these adorable Winnie the Pooh and friends stuffed animals... they are so cute I literally just have to smile when I see them. SO cute! (Check out our Gender Reveal Party post coming up in a few days...)


Wk 17 - I was supposed to start back to school Monday. I was released off of bed rest, I was on anti-biotics, we had benchmarks on Tuesday and Wednesday. Yeah, no such luck. I started having an allergic reaction on Sunday (which I didn't know was a reaction until basically very early Monday morning) to my anti-biotics. Woke up on Sunday with a very red face, feeling like I was sunburned all over. Woke up late Sunday night dreaming that I was on oxygen in the ER bc I couldn't breathe! Those two signs had me off one med, and onto another. FUN! Guess who got to stay home on Monday in a Benedryl induced coma?? Me. Luckily, getting the meds out of system with a combo of the Benedryl kept me out of the ER a second time and I went back to work for a 4-day week before another week off - Spring Break! Let me tell you something: going back to teaching after basically a week of bed rest, even if it is to give benchmarks, is incredibly exhausting. It totally kicked my butt. My kids were overjoyed to see me and I was ready to get back in the swing of "normalcy"... but it definitely kicked my butt. I'm glad I have Spring Break to fully recover. On a fabulous, un-pregnancy related note, 100% of my kids passed the reading benchmark, and I only have 4 "bubble kids" (so close to passing they can smell it) on the math benchmark. We are on our way to some fabulous TAKS results people!! Best news in the past 2 weeks!!! :) Michael also finally felt Monkey move, while we were watching American Idol (I think?). Usually by the time he gets home, baby has already settled back down and is sleeping so he doesn't get to feel all the excitement that I have.


We spent our Saturday buying food/misc other stuff for our Gender Reveal on the 19th. I'm so excited for being around our family and friends we don't get to see as often as we'd like I can hardly stand it!! I can see it all in my head, hopefully it will look as good in the backyard and kitchen as I imagine. I have a pretty amazing husband that I know will bend over backwards to make sure it's as close as it can be to what I want so I'm not too worried. :)


>Wk 18 - This has been the most peaceful week out the previous two. I mean, yes, I've been stressed about getting the house ready and getting the guest list finalized and what not... but I feel amazing. I'm not near as exhausted as I was... I'm FINALLY getting some energy. Monkey is constantly moving around in my belly and provides long periods of sheer entertainment! Lol! We went to see Battle Los Angeles Sunday night which is a very LOUD movie... and I'm not sure how Monkey felt about it. I'm thinking it was too loud... there was lots and lots of movement. Michael felt the baby move 100% that night! The truck started giving Michael fits on Monday, so I was car-less on Tuesday - not so fun! Tuesday, my dogs also decided to try their hand at hunting squirrel and terrorized a poor, unfortunate furball in our backyard. That's something I probably won't get out of my head for awhile! I likened it to William Wallace's torture scene in Braveheart (so now, my husband randomly yells out "Freeedddommm" before a random bout of laughter just to torture me!). Would you believe that squirrel went somewhere else to die?! I never found it and I know the dogs left it in the yard because I was out there screaming at them!! UGH. On an entirely separate note, we figured out the problem with the truck and it was far less expensive than we thinking (thank you God) and he's driving his truck again so I'm not home bound. I've had too many experiences like that already in 2011 thank you! Yesterday, we got to go see the doc and I was given a clean bill of health (WOOOO HOOO!!!!!) which we were very thankful for. Keep your eye's peeled on Saturday for the big gender announcement!!! :)


Now that I've gotten everyone completely caught up, I think I'm going to go get something productive done around the house. That's not exactly "fun", but hey... somebody's got to do it!!!

0 comments: