CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Do Old Wives Tales Work?

If you're reading this, you can obviously see the new poll at the top right hand corner of this blog (basically at the top of the right column). It's the age old question always asked of pregnant women: What will baby _____ be?!

We'd love to see your vote - baby gender will be revealed to all on Saturday!!

To help you out, here are some random factoids about mommy during the pregnancy so far - go by old wives tale or your own experience to help you out! :)

My cravings so far:
- FRUIT!!! I love fruit. Baby loves fruit. It's pure craziness.
- Strawberries. This deserves it's own place on the list because I'll eat anything that involves strawberries, but this is not the case with all fruit, haha!
- Guacamole. Seriously, I could eat it everyday with literally anything!
- Salsa! Again, I could eat this with just about anything. :)
- Cheetoes. The puffy kind. (I was craving the Hot kind the night before we got our positive test, haha!!)
- Lemonade. I drink this stuff like water!
- Sweet potato fries. Holy cow, I love them so much!!
- Juices - orange and apple. Baby and I are fans of Simply Orange and an apple juice my hubby found at Wal-Mart - not from concentrate. Amazing!
- Chocolate ice cream (milk chocolate Blue Bell to be specific) - I avoid this at all costs, but think about 24/7. It's pure torture!
- Sweet/sour candy. Sour skittles, fruity starburst, those DELICIOUS sour apple/strawberry sour belts... omg heaven!!! (PS, if you know me well, you know this is weird because I normally don't eat sweets!)
- Popcorn - we love the cinnamon sugar kind, as well as the white cheddar, but we also will eat Orville Redenbachers Cheddar Cheese! Lol! (Notice there's no "normal" popcorn in there??)
*BBQ. Riscky's is a place we love to visit. ;)

*I've gained almost every inch and pound in my belly. I can still wear my pre-pregnancy 4's from American Eagle as well as all my shorts and skirts (as long as they are low-rise which most are). It's crazy!! I can't see myself from the back, but my husband tells me you can't tell that I'm even pregnant until I turn around. My face hasn't changed either.

*I had NO morning sickness in my first trimester (and still don't). I had nausea until I figured out that eating every 2 hours (obviously small amounts, not whole meals, haha) solved that problem.

*I'm not a fan of chicken right now unless it's fried or covered in Chipotle Honey BBQ sauce from Chili's. The healthy kind of chicken literally makes me gag. HA! There's some irony for you...

*I HATE the smell of ground beef cooking. Yuck!

*I sleep 90% of the night on my right side. (Yes, there's an old wives tale about this!)

*My hair isn't thicker or more lustrous... it was actually a HUGE pain the first month of my pregnancy. So was my face. Now that I've basically switched all my products, it's all finally under control. Lol!

*Baby's heartrate was 170 at the first appointment, 145-150 at the second, 169 at the third...

*Now that I can feel baby kicking, baby kicks low most often, and on the right hand side.

*My hunny isn't gaining "sympathy weight"... if anything, he's the one losing and I'm the one gaining. Again, ironic!

*According to the Chinese birth chart (your age at conception + month baby was conceived), it's a boy. I personally don't put a lot of stock in this stuff, but we'll see if this is right or wrong!

*If you look at the Mayan's method (age of conception + year of conception) - both even or odd means girl, one even/one odd means boy. I was 28 in 2010 - both even. So the Mayan's say girl!
See what I mean about not putting a lot of stock into this??

I could probably continue looking old wives tales up, but this could go on awhile. Pick your choice and vote! Poll closes Saturday the 19th at 3 pm! :)

Can't wait to see what y'all think! (My class thinks boy! haha!)

0 comments: