At about 6 weeks, at the request of my BFF Jessica: this is what a pregnant woman looks like when she's told all the families in a 24 hour period, it's 11:00 at night, and it's waaaay past her bedtime!!!
Around 10 weeks! It's amazing to see how much I've "filled" out, even though I've only gained a couple of pounds!! Haha! So crazy the way your body changes...
12 - 13 weeks: Biggest snowfall I can remember! I figured this was a definite "document" moment, even though there's not much change with the "belly". Haha!
Blogging is not an easy thing for me: something I'm REALLY trying to remedy at this point in my life. Not only am I pregnant, we're coming up (FAST) on our 5 year anniversary, and several other changes... I'm feeling like it's 2006 all over again, haha... and I think I'd really like to look back and reflect on where I was right now, at this snapshot of my life. I especially don't enjoy the thought of coming home, sitting down at this computer, and blogging updates when I've dealt with so much stress at school and have a headache (like right now) or am just exhausted. I need to weed through it, and just do it! HA! I know once I get back into the habit I'll be so glad that I did... but it's just pushing through to that point that I struggle with. So if you read this blog, please bug me for updates! I'm asking, no begging, you to be annoying! :)
This past week was by far the strangest in awhile: we had a record 4 DAYS off of school due to SNOW (yes, you read that correctly) and ICE. I really had no idea what to do with myself, so I watched Netflix and got addicted to The Secret Life of the American Teenager, cooked more than I've cooked in a really long time, caught up on my MTV reality shows (hello Teen Mom 2!), and rested. That's right, I was completely non-productive. And it was amazing! I enjoy being "forced" to rest. Although, by about Friday, I was ready to crawl down the street just to have some human interaction. I'm definitely not a stay cooped up for days on end and do nothing kind of person... I'm really not! Although, I wouldn't mind having more time/energy to cook... I did pretty good if I don't say so myself. ;) Check out some of my concoctions!
Headed to HEB on Monday before the big winter storm.... so glad I bought as much as I did!
This is a Michael creation, but it was amazing. Baby really appreciated the Baked Potato Soup.
Another Michael concoction: orange chicken and fried rice. I have no idea what it is, but since I've been pregnant it's like I almost have to FORCE down chicken. Not a fan... :(
Queso! Thanks to Amanda's facebook post... got a craving started!
Sweet potato fries which have been eaten quite a bit around here since BB came around... Baby really loves those sweet potato fries! (And I love you Biggest Loser cookbook for introducing them to me!!)
Baked potato and homemade broccoli and cheese soup... probably my favorite meal all week!
Chocolate chip cookies... I've been craving these for awhile!! They were totally worth it! :)
I've said before in past blog posts that I really don't believe in resolutions: resolutions are made to be broken. I made goals last year, and that really seemed to work a lot better for me... for the most part. At least the ones that truly mattered anyway. :) So keeping in that spirit: I've got some goals I've not only set for 2011, but that I've set special to this pregnancy.
In no particular order....
1. A picture with my BFF every time we have a bi-monthly date. She will be a huge part of my baby's life, and I'm enjoying sharing all of this with her! I can't wait to look back another 15 years from now and see all the fun we had during this pregnancy!
2. An embarrassing amount of pictures with my husband - no matter what's going on, where we are, who we're with... I want this pregnancy documented, and I want baby to see how much his/her parents love them! (It really is ridiculous...)
3. To continue watching what I eat, cooking healthy, and working out (to the best of my ability). I don't have a gym membership, nor do I have gym equipment so I have to make the best of what I have right now... which is easier when it's not sub zero outside! Not only is it better for me, it's better for baby!
4. To keep the somewhat low-key attitude I have about the pregnancy. I'm not over-reading (thank you hubby and BFF!) so I'm not so overly informed that I freak out about everything. Whew!
5. To prioritize my life better within our home and our home life. This is kind of hard to explain, but maybe I'll try harder later. You're lucky that I'm remembering this quick enough to type it out!
6. Blog once a week. This one may kill me, but I'm sure going to try!!!
7. Take a trip with my husband before baby... I'm really leaning towards a New Orleans trip - I'd love to see that city alcohol-free! Haha! Plus, I've been really craving some beignets...
8. Go to grad school. If I could start this when baby comes along, I'd be ecstatic! No, I don't want to just stay home with baby. I'd go crazy. I want to stay home/go back to school. I'm a mom with a plan!!
9. Take some cooking classes.
10. Take some photography classes.
11. FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THIS STUPID BLOG WITHOUT MY FONTS BEING ALL SCREWY!!!!!
12. Continue to add to this list as I see fit... :)
I realize that this post was a hodge podge of randomness... but that is my life these days! Maybe when I blog more often it won't seem so random... :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment