CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Brasher, Party of 3!!!!

That's right... we're on our way to being a family of three! There is a sweet little baby on the way! :)

We found out on December 4, 2010... right before a trip to Canton. I had my suspicions, and bought a test the night before. However, I waited to take it until the next morning. There is no explaining the flood of emotions that comes over you when you see that plus sign forming. No straight line, no "not pregnant"... it's finally telling you that you did something right, lol!! I briefly (for about 5 seconds) considered post-poning telling Michael and doing something really cute to let him know he was going to be a daddy... but he knows me so well he would have figured it out before I could pull it together to begin with!! Plus, he's my best friend, so I couldn't imagine not basking in every second of this excitement without him. :) So, of course, I ran into our bedroom and began shaking him awake while jumping up and down on the bed shrieking something along the lines of "guess who's going to be a daddy???"

We were going to Canton later that day with my cousin Matt and his wife Sara... and had to keep this tremendous secret! Which we made even harder on ourselves by buying this adorable Pooh baby blanket 5 minutes after setting foot on Canton ground. It was a very FUN but long day of secret keeping. :) (BTW, Michael and I both had Pooh nurseries... hence the Pooh baby quilt!!)


The hardest part of it though, was keeping it from our families. We had known that Christmas was going to be tight this year for all involved, and we had originally planned to keep gifts to a minimum and in some instance, none at all. We had decided that company was the best gift of all! God presented us with the best present we could ever get at the beginning of December, and it was something we could "gift" on to our families.... there was no better gift we could have given this year, and I'm so thankful of the timing of this pregnancy for that very reason. We had pictures done by this awesome woman I work with at school (shout out to Valerie Moseley of Bows and Boots Photography!!) and decided to frame them and let everyone find out that way... it seemed more original than wrapping baby clothes. :)







January 4, 2011 was our first appointment at our doctor's office. There are no words to describe how amazing it is to see this teeny tiny little blob on the screen that is, in fact, a tiny human. I know this, because that tiny human's heartbeart was 170 beats a minute!!! It definitely explains why I'm so hot all the time, lol!!


We get to go back to the doctor on February 2, and I can't WAIT to hear our baby's heartbeat again. Aside the fact that it's reassuring to hear, it's just amazing to know that this little tiny life is growing inside of you.

I'll probably update later with stories of how we broke the news, but I'm ready to go crawl onto the couch and surrender to a nap. I can't wait for some of that "renewed" second trimester energy I keep reading about!! Haha!! :)

Needless to say, we are VERY excited about this new adventure in our lives!!!

Sidenote: today, I hate Blogger. I've changed the font and color 15 times and it won't save! I have to quit or this hormonal pregnant lady might throw the computer out the office window!!!

2 comments:

Sarah, Tragically Awesome Sarah

I'm so happy for you, Monique! You are going to be a fabulous mother! What a great blessing!!!!

Collin and Marisa

Congratulations!! You guys are going to be great parents. Love your pictures. Cute idea for telling your families.