I know it's been awhile since I last blogged, but the end of 2009 was nothing to blog about. It was hard, difficult, and stressful, and I'm so glad that it's over!
To celebrate 2010, we had over some of our oldest and best friends: Nichole and Casey, and Jessica and Anthony…some of our newer friends: Iris (from college) and Allie (from work)...and my uncle I haven't been able to spend time with in over 15 years. The end of 2009 and the first moments of 2010 really made me believe that this year is going to be amazing... this year, is going to put last year to shame! We fought through some old cobwebs; we made new ground to lay new foundations on... I think it's safe to say that the whole group that was there walked away feeling better about the upcoming year. At least I hope that’s true!
2010, for me, is about focusing on my life and everyone in it. I'm not going to focus on stress - which is going to be hard for me. I'm unfortunately wired to focus on more of the negative than the positive so I'm trying to re-program myself to be the total opposite. When it works, I'm much happier and sleep much better! Lol! I'm going to try to open myself up to new experiences, to clean out my "emotional baggage" with past relationships with family and friends. I have a hard time letting things go that have made an impact on my life, especially when it was painful or affected my trust with that person. I’m going to enjoy life and live it to the fullest, after all, we aren’t guaranteed tomorrow; but I’m also going to be careful who I spend that time with. I’m not going to surround myself with negative people or situations (as much as I can help it). I know sometimes things come up, but I truly believe that to better myself and my life and truly enjoy everything God has put into my life, that sometimes means having to cut out the bad, the negative, the things that don’t bring anything positive to your life.
2010 is going to be about trying new things, not doubting myself or my abilities, taking time for me rather than putting everyone else in my life before me all the time, thinking about my wants and needs in balance with others (that’s super hard for me!) as opposed to thinking about others first and only allowing myself whatever is left over, taking care of my body: spiritually, emotionally, and physically. It’s about really taking the time to create stronger bonds within the relationships that matter to me. It’s about spending time with the people that I love most, and creating new relationships with the people I want to know more. It’s about allowing myself to get down into the roots of some really important situations in my life, and allowing myself to deal with them rather than put them on the back shelf and pretending that they’ll solve themselves. Lol! Has that worked for anyone else?
Michael is beginning a new job and dabbling in a couple of other thing, which we hope will allow us to finally pull our heads above water. 2009 dealt us a lot we weren’t sure how to deal with, and it definitely took it’s toll. I’m so excited to see what this year brings us with all the new opportunities we have in front of us, especially for Michael. He’s so amazing and talented and I’m SO apprehensive to see where it all takes him, and us! He’s worked so hard the past few years and never really found his “niche”, and we’re both hoping that this year it will finally happen for him. He has so much to offer and he’s barely even scratched the surface. Please pray for us as he starts this new journey on a new job and he explores his other opportunities. I really feel like this year is going to have a lot to offer!
I’ve never been more grateful to have the husband that I do. Going through tough times in your life really makes you stand back and evaluate what’s important to you, how you handle your relationships, how you handle yourself. We were greatly challenged last year, and I’m so proud to say that we came through it more in love, more supportive of one another, and more appreciative of all things we have in our lives. It wasn’t easy to get to where we are today, but I know that whatever doesn’t kill us makes us stronger! I know God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle… although there were days that I know I was wondering how much more I could take. I’m glad God pushed me to know and see how strong I really am…however hard the journey was to get there.
My friend Allie and I started a new blog: http://www.2010yearofyes.blogspot.com/. Our mantra this year – as I kind of explained earlier – is to say yes to more things and look at this year in a positive light. What can year of yes do for me?! Check it out and join in if you want to be part of what we’re hoping to be an AMAZING year! We even have a group on facebook: search 2010: Year of Yes!
Prayer Requests: Michael's job, steady income, continued good health!
Things to Celebrate: being happy and healthy, new relationships with family members, lots of positive outlooks for 2010 so far!
Things We're Looking Forward To: Cowboys with Jess and Anthony Friday night (just like old times!), Superbowl party on the 7th - Go Saints! Haha!
Love y’all!
Monique

0 comments:
Post a Comment