CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!!

First off, can I just say that it's super freaky how sick everybody is right now??? It's very hard not to be concerned! Hoping all of y'all out there dealing with sicknesses get better soon!! :( Keep washing those hands, and taking that Vitamin C! All this rain and weather changing can't be helping either!! :(

So...Michael's job started on the 1st just as planned... however, it was not in the DFW metroplex. It was in Waco. The launch for DFW isn't until November now! So, my sweet husband has been staying in Waco during the week, and coming home on the weekends. Thank goodness we have our camper - soooo much cheaper than a hotel!! I really can't complain--he has a job, he'll get a paycheck (finally!), and at least I get to see him once a week! It could be much much worse!! Unfortunately, it's hard to sell door to door when it won't stop raining outside. I'm thankful for the rain for the rivers, lakes, etc... but not for my husband's job!! A little break would be NICE! (Plus my poor kiddos haven't seen the outdoors in awhile...) The biggest positive of him being gone during the week: I've already lost almost 7 pounds!! Haha!!

This weekend is one of the positives: girl's night Friday night (yaaaay!!), pumpkin patch Saturday, State Fair Sunday!!! SO EXCITED!!! Be prepared for lots of pictures!! :)

Last weekend was fun: Tiffany and I scoped out Target and all their fun Halloween stuff--so not exaggerating about how excited Halloween makes me y'all!--and then came back to the house and started decorating. We watched some movies Saturday and made homemade Chex Mix (yummm!!) and then my sweet hubby finally came home! Sunday and Monday were lazy, lounge days that I just got to enjoy spending time with my husband. Those days are the best!! (I didn't even take any school work home!!)

Future events: pumpkin carving (1st annual carving get together!!), Boo at the Zoo (2nd year in a row!), Halloween party the 24th, Halloween scary movie night the 31st, TCU homecoming the 31st! My weeks might be full of school stuff, but my weekends are starting to fill up with really fun plans!! And most of it is cheap - which is even better!!! :)

Prayer requests: Michael's job - selling, driving back and forth from Waco to here, finances, health!!

Happy Things!: 2 jobs, steady income from my job, good health in our home, lots of love, and great family and friends!! :)


Love y'al!!
Monique

2 comments:

Unknown

I def. used to have clearwire when I was in Long view...awesome idea if they could get consistent signal. I have heard it depends on were you are, but it was ridiculously easy to set up and I was on the internet in like less than a min. when I opened the box....so if the reliability goes up it should be a very solid company if you ask me. So thats really cool that he's getting into that!

I should start a blog....haha, cool to catch up!

Collin and Marisa

That's great you still love Halloween and scary movies. I remember in junior high going to your house and watching scary movies on Halloween all night. Fun times!