CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Let's Play Catch-Up!

God has a truly hilarious sense of humor. He really does... he's in control and has no problem reminding us of that! Last year I was very frustrated with 3rd grade in a lot of ways, and was very frustrated that I couldn't tell if it was the grade level, the change in schools/districts, some issues I was facing with my kids, etc... While this year has already been full of surprises (good and not so good) I feel more grounded this year, and I feel like I'm exactly where God wants me to be. It's my first time teaching the same grade level two years in a row (my 4th teaching) and I think this year might actually turn out pretty good! *knock on wood!* My kids seem higher academically, still chatty, but they each have super fun personalities. They love to read which (in my opinion) makes your job so much easier! It's going to be fun exploring and learning with them this year... I can't wait! I feel like I'm going to be able to do more with them than I could last year... which is a relief to me. I love to dig deep into things!

I did a lot of thinking over the summer about what I want to do (future wise) and where I want to be... you know, long term goals. I've definitely decided that I want to go back to school, but I don't want a masters in Education. I know that sounds a little bit crazy considering how excited I am about the prospect of what this year might bring, but I have no desire to go into administration. I don't think I really want to do anything in education but teach! However, I love LOVE history. I'm talking, drive you up the wall-digging deep into things you either know nothing about, don't care to know about, or both-go on and on forever-watch History channel for fun-and read history books for pleasure kind of love. So, that's the direction I'd like to take. However, in order to do so, I have to have 24 hours in History-which I don't-so as soon as I can take the time and we can afford it, I'm cranking out some history hours. I know God will work it out so I can't worry about it. (that's something I'm working on, not worrying!) I also bought some GRE books to help me study - math is NOT a strong subject for me and those math problems terrify me! Yuck! I'll be honest, I'd LOVE it if Michael's new job would allow us freedom in where we live, because I'd love to get my master's from UT. (Hook 'em!!) Once again, we'll see!! :) I'm really really excited about the thought of going back to school - history is something I've always enjoyed (thank you Mrs. Enochs-my 4th grade teacher!) so I know my passion will help carry it through to whoever I end up teaching it to. Having a masters in history will also open up a lot of doors, so I'll have even more choice. And hopefully by the time we have a 3rd member of our family, I'll be able to stay home for a few years!!! :)

Michael is beginning a new adventure with work on October 1... we both are praying that this company does as well as we think it might. It could open so many doors for us and relieve SOOO many stresses!! He has worked so hard to get teams built, a website built, and so many other things. I'm so proud of him and know that he might finally have found his niche! I've never seen him dig into something so hard... he's got some real passion. :) If you see any advertising for Clearwire, think of Michael. Clearwire is a company coming to the DFW area that provides 4G speeds for internet. Packages include a card for your laptop, modem for your home, and voice for a super affordable price! I'll be coming home from school to answer phones for him so we both are going to be busy, busy bees starting in October. But, having a consistent paycheck for him is totally worth the work!

We started working on our house before school started (not a good idea, BTW) and it's still in various states of complete disarray... it's awful. I keep hoping that I'm finally going to get a grasp on school enough that I'm not up there till 5 and 6 every night planning/getting ready for the next day/making book lists, etc...so I can come home and work. But, all I want to do when I get home is sleep! My body still hasn't adjusted to getting up early and being on my feet all day and having my mind constantly ready to "go, go, go"!! Haha! It will get done when it gets done I guess... and it will look great when that happens. (Whenever that is!)

Football season is here -- TCU won last Saturday! Go Frogs! Cowboys won Sunday - awesome game!! The air is beginning to cool off, and it's just amazing. I'm not one for cold weather, but I wouldn't mind having "cool" mornings in the 60's, then the high being in the 70's for awhile. I always get excited when that bite of crisp, cool air starts coming around... it means October is around the corner! Pumpkins, Halloween, and the STATE FAIR!!! I love the State Fair in case you can't tell. :) Last year we tried the fried honey bun--so delish, btw!--who knows what we'll try this year! Last fall was the beginning of several new traditions, which I cannot WAIT to continue! I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it!! :)

I'll try to post more often, but for now I'm going to leave it short and sweet.

Things I'm looking forward to and really excited about!
-Boo at the Zoo, the State Fair, Fright Fest, and pumpkin patches!
-Cool nights, candy, and fall snacks (homemade chex mix!!!)
-Football season, and new memories!
-Halloween! We always watch a million scary movies, and I'm super excited!
-Michael's new job!!

Things I'm thankful for:
-Family, friends, and a job!
-Great health for all my friends and family! (at least that I know of!)

Prayer Requests:
-Michael's new job!!!!!
-Stress at my job (some new things going on) and trying to study for the GRE!

Love y'all!
Monique

0 comments: