CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009!

Alright, I've really slacked off on the posting.... but it's been SUPER busy around here the 2 weeks I've been off for school! (The weeks before I got off were just as crazy!)

We had a fabulous Christmas... much better than last years! I may or may not ever get around to posting those pics on here (there were a lot!). We had 3 Christmases in one day, plus a new Christmas Eve tradition... worked on houses (mine and moms)... went out for New Years... showed my grandparents some parts of Dallas they'd never seen (such as The Dump and Ikea!) while also keeping our eyes open for things we'd like to add to our lovely home. :)

I'm not a big believer in "New Years Resolutions" because they're always broken. I try not to set goals for myself unless I believe that I can obtain them, and I don't say things I don't mean. Saying that, here's what I would like to see happen for myself, my hubby, and our families in 2009:

- I would really like to see our health continue to become even better... nothing like feeling good to really accomplish some amazing things!

- I would love to see all of us continue to run down the road to financial freedom.

- I can't wait to see how our family continues to grow closer as time goes on!

- Travel, travel, TRAVEL!!!!

- I'd like to continue to foster the relationships that really matter, and surround ourselves with people that are positive, that really value the relationships we have with each other, and want all that life has to offer. :)

- I'd like to become involved in something where I can really make a difference with kids - where they value me as much as I value them. I'm tired of being in a place where I don't feel like I'm doing any good.

- I'd like to continue to watch our house turn into a home... it's crazy to see how much it's changed since we moved in here almost 3 years ago!!

- I'm going to start cooking/baking more. I realized over the holidays how much I love baking!!! Not so much with the cooking, but I'm working on that part. ;)

- And of course, I'd like to start working out more (duh for the weight loss) but also so I can continue to feel better healthwise. It's amazing how different you feel when you take care of yourself!!

Life is short, and you only live once.

What are some things y'all would like to see happen in 2009??

0 comments: