CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow (Ice) Day!!

Last Friday it was in the mid 80's. Gorgeous and warm. Beautiful! Yesterday, we go into an ice storm warning. Last night, it begins to sleet... and loudly! You could hear it on the windows, in the fireplace, and on the skylight in our kitchen!! Always a bad sign here in Texas. Nobody seems to know how to drive on the stuff (they think if it's shiny that means ice and you should immediately brake which then causes wrecks) so school gets cancelled.

Well, the "vacation" day from the kids is nice - but we still have to make it up. So now we go a day longer than usual in June!! Grrr!!! Oh well. The sky is clearer than it's been in forever, the trees are gorgeous because they have ice hanging from it (so they sparkle!!), and I'm kid-free. Haha!

We finally took our Christmas tree down... no, we weren't slacking. We've been that busy and I've been that sick!! We also drove out to Michael's store in Forney to pick up some phones for a meeting he has tomorrow... and had lunch with his parents. It was really nice!! Not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the day... I'm pretty bored!
Here's pictures!!

0 comments: