CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 8, 2012

Last Days of a 9 Month Old...

Dear Liam,

You are in your last days of being a single-month baby. From here on out, it will be double digits! I can't believe you're about to be 10 months old... It's flown so fast. I know I write that frequently, either on the blog, or on milestone posts, but it's so true. It's already hard for me to remember what you were like as a newborn because my hands are so full now with a little boy on the cusp of walking!

You've been "cruising" for a few weeks now... Walking along chairs, cabinets, and the couches, your ease growing with each passing day. Yesterday I filled a small laundry basket of ours that I found with some of your toys so you could push it around and practice walking that way, and you just took off!! I know one day you're just going to surprise all of us and just start walking when we least expect it. It's what you did with rolling over, with crawling... You definitely have your own little way of doing things!

There are so many things I want to remember about you right now, at this moment in your life. I absolutely love that you love dogs, but it's priceless to see the relationship you have with Daisy. I know I've mentioned before that she loved you before you were even here, but it's clear as day that she adores you. We had a lot of rain and thunder the past couple of days, so all 3 dogs were inside the house. Daisy was on her usual spot on the couch, and you'd crawl over to her, pull yourself up, and lovingly touch her face, stroke her paws, try to catch her wagging tail, and gleefully laugh when she'd lick your head. You two have the most special relationship I've ever seen...

I love the way your soft baby hair feels against my face when you snuggle against me at naptime. I love the uncontrollable giggles you get when we play peek-a-boo. I love how you will "swim" for two hours straight in the pool and still have energy - you're our little energizer bunny! I love the little crooked mischievous grin you give me that looks so much like your daddy. I love how when you eat snacks, you have to have food in both hands so you're always prepared. I love watching you play with your paci, and still am in awe that you're so capable of taking it out and putting it back in so well. {By the way, you sleep with at least 3 in your crib and always have a different one in your mouth on the morning than you did when you went to bed!} I love to hear the slap of your hands as you crawl across the hardwood floors. I love the way you still fist your little hands when you nurse, just like you did as newborn. Your hands also travel and touch my face and neck... That's something I will truly miss. I love how when you wake up from a nap {like just now} you sit straight up with wide blue eyes and give me the biggest smile!! I love the way you are now starting to squeeze when you give hugs like you really know what you're doing! I LOVE the way you attack our faces with an open mouth and smile trying to "kiss" us back. I love the way you giggle and screech when you hear your daddy come in the front door when he comes home from work. I love how incredibly happy you are!! I love hearing you say "da-da" or "momma"... I love that music - all kinds - can bring a smile to your face. {You listen to Aerosmith lullabyes everynight in your room on repeat.} i love the sweet little baby noises you make, especially the snorting noise when you scrunch up your nose and push out your lips - which you do for a varying amount of reasons: you want attention, you're irritated, you're tired... I could go on and on {and on!!} about all the things I love about you!!

I'm not sure that you fully realize what you're doing, but you'll climb up om the couch (sitting next to me) to get One Fish Two Fish off the counter behind the couch and then you give it to me. I, of course, would like to believe that you're a baby genius and are asking me in your own way to read to you... But honestly, I think you're just being your little curious monkey self.

It's getting to the point where I need to start planning your first birthday, and there are so many cute ideas for little boy birthday parties I don't know where to begin! You love dogs, Tigger, jungle animals, fish, monkeys, your train, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Dr. Seuss, cars, and of course Woody and Bullseye from Toy Story. It makes it very difficult to pick a starting point!

You are our very special little boy and it's been such a blessing to watch you grow up. It's bittersweet because you are quickly growing into a little boy and further away from the tiny baby we brought home from the hospital. We love you so much, and can't wait to continue seeing your personality bloom.

I {we} love you so much,
Mommy


0 comments: