CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

End of Week 31 & Week 32

So I hadn't really finished talking about my week 31 in my last post, because I wasn't done with it! Haha! I only started week 32 yesterday. :) So let's see... what has happened since Saturday??

The AC upstairs hasn't been too fab... for regular people it's probably not that bad. For people that like it cold, it's miserable. The AC guy finally made it out on Saturday morning and determined that the guy who lived here before was a real jerk - he had unhooked the pipes so it was blowing straight into the attic. Nice. Unfortunately, the pipes still aren't the right size for their purpose (thank you builder) so the AC is still not blowing like it needs to be. Enter the new 52" fan we installed (or Michael installed and I handed him stuff...) on Tuesday night. The ceiling fan that was in our room previously only had one speed... I had no idea ceiling fans could have ONE speed! Our new fan is a million times better. We also got a window unit from my father-in-law to help cool off our room so we could actually sleep in the master... we've been sleeping in a guest room in another part of the house since we moved in!! It's still not as cold as we are used to, but it is much, much better!!

On Saturday, we also made a new investment we've been needing to make for a loooong time. We bought a new, king sized bed!!!! Yes, we've been sleeping on a queen for 5 years. Yes, I'm counting this as my anniversary present (whether my husband knows it or not) because I am that excited about it!! I'm talking *12 kinds of excited* here people!!! Pregnancy has really taken a toll on my back. I've had issues with my lower back ever since a bad wreck in '04, but I never expected to be in the amount of pain that I've been in. I love my boy, but he sure knows how to make me feel miserable! Needless to say, our wonderful, brand new, comfortable mattress... was alone and uninhabited until Tuesday night. That's 3 nights. :( Sadness!!

What brought about the installation of the ceiling fan and the window unit was the fact that I woke up on Tuesday morning literally in tears... my back was hurting worse than it's hurt my entire pregnancy! It hurt to even sit up to get out of bed, and we knew we had to do something. I had to take muscle relaxers my doc had prescribed me (which made me feel loopy and had me napping my life away...) and I'm really not a pill-popping kind of person. Of course, my back issues could have also been compounded by the fact that I unpacked almost the entire kitchen (I say almost because I'm still finding boxes) on Monday - from 9-3ish - while the ADT guy was installing our alarm. No, I wasn't lifting anything heavy!! But, I was bending over and standing back up a lot which causes strain even without all that extra weight in your belly pulling on your back. So, I got absolutely nothing done Tuesday and was scared to do anything yesterday because I didn't want my back to hurt like that again!

I think the absolute most frustrating thing to me right now about being pregnant is how limited I am in what I use as far as cleaning supplies go and this house needs to be seriously cleansed, I can't lift anything heavy so I have to unpack boxes to get to the ones underneath and I don't have all the furniture I need to unpack the stuff onto/into (our desk broke so we need a new one, one of our bookshelves is still at my grandparerents house with a few other things, etc...), and it's driving me absolutely crazy. My mother keeps telling me it's me nesting, but I also feel like it's just a general lack of control I've been missing and I want to be able to clean my house and get it organized.

We got to see our little man yesterday on our 4D sonogram... which was amazing but super scary at the same time because he looks like he's ready to just pop out! He's so filled out and adorable!! And we are SO not ready for him to be here yet... I'm not ready... the house isn't ready. Yes, I know they can sleep anywhere, and there's not a lot they need as long as they've got a place to sleep and food, etc... but I'm talking about mommy and daddy feeling more prepared because we sure don't right now!!


I think that get's us caught up through today... we'll see what kind of excitement today brings!! :)

0 comments: