CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

It's Been Awhile...

Sooo.... it's been quite a long time since I updated!! Oops!!

School and work have kept both of us incredibly busy, to say the least! Michael is working for a new company (still with Sprint) and is now commission only so having to adjust has been interesting. Like my friend Jenni, I too am a worrier by heart... it's almost ridiculous! It drives my husband nuts that I worry about everything, but I do. I almost think it's part of being a woman... some of us are just more open about it than others. Haha! A couple of weeks ago he was out of town for almost an entire week (the longest we've ever gone without seeing each other)... and it wasn't as hard as I'd been afraid it would be. I do NOT like to be alone!!

I've asked to switch to a lower grade at school - I just really feel like I'm so much better at the stepping stones than the TAKS thing (among other things) - and at the time, there aren't any openings. I'm going to be putting a lot of focus into Mona Vie this summer and if it goes the way we'd like, I might not be teaching next year at all! We'll see what God has planned!!

Over the past 2-3 weeks I've heard some amazing things at meetings/conferences concerning Mona Vie and I just really feel God has put this in our face and in our laps for a reason... total opportunity of a lifetime to help others and possibly gain financial freedom at same time! I get so excited when I think that Michael and I could be stay at home parents and travel with our kids!! :) SO excited!!!

School finishes for me on June 5 - kids are done June 4 (thanks stupid Texas ice day) - and I'm free until... either next August or when I decide to go back. That's an interesting, yet exciting thought. While I love teaching, I've had 3 really hard years and I'm burning out quickly... I don't want to never go back. I worked too hard at TCU for that, but Michael and I are ready for a family and we have a plan to get there. I can't wait to see what happens this summer!!

Michael and I celebrate our 3rd anniversay on Thursday... ahhh!!! :) 3 wonderful (but trying, ha) years and I'm so glad we've had each other through the roughness that has been 2009. It will only make us stronger, and love each other more!! I have no idea what we are doing, but I'd be perfectly content with a picnic (something simple & cheap) and then maybe spring for something more extravaggent in July when we can afford it. Just being with him is enough for me!

OK, sorry to gag you... haha! Not trying to wish my life away but I can't wait for this week to be over so I can take a break from school and see where this next chapter in my life might lead. I'm hoping for a really eventful summer!!

And more updating!! Haha!!

Love,
Monique

1 comments:

Collin and Marisa

I'm looking forward to hearing where you feel God leads you next! I know you're glad school is almost out for the summer. That's exciting that you and Michael are thinking about starting a family. Good luck! =)