CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

2 More Days 'Till Spring Break!!

I might get on later and add to this, but right now I'm freezing and don't really feel like going on and on. Haha! So the weather here literally went from the 80's to the 40's overnight, hand in hand with some much needed (but annoying) rain. That means no recess for my poor 8-9 year olds that have had 5 tests in the past week and a half. Literally: Tuesday - TAKS, Weds - CBA, Thurs - CBA, Fri - CBA, yesterday (tues) - benchmark. AHHHHH!!!!!!! I know if I'm ready to lose my mind they must be too.

Luckily, it's only 2 days 'till I get 9 whole days without kids!!! Whew!!! We aren't going to be able to go to Florida like we originally planned due to some curveballs life has thrown our way (don't you just loooove those??) so we're hoping for at least maybe a couple of day trips. St. Patrick's Day for sure we're hunting down some green beer! Haha!!

I'm not doing too consistant with the whole working out business - life has just kept me WAY too busy. I'm hoping I can start some kind of routine on Spring Break (since I'll have TIME) and maybe I can try and stick with it since we're on the downhill slope at school now. However, I've lost 7 pounds since January 1 and while there's still a few pounds I'd LOVE to see gone... it's nice to be able to start fitting back into clothes. I have no idea what happened there for awhile!!

If anybody is willing to help me think through some annoying thoughts I'd love for you to do it!! Here goes: some days I love my 3rd graders - they really can be insightful when they want to be, but my group I think is particularly mean to each other, tattle worse than any group I've ever had (and I've taught 1st AND 2nd!), are consistantly disgusting - either farting or talking about sex, and they just do not care about learning. It's so frustrating when you've got this lesson you are really excited about and they literally roll their eyes and you and tell you it's stupid. UGH. I've thought about going to my principal and asking to move back down to maybe 1st grade - even though I'm not sure there'd even be a position open. Kind of just to let her know that if one does open, I'd be interested. I think another year in 3rd with another class might be good for me (with the exception of that God awful test - yuck!!) because I really see all the things that I could do with it. This class this year, however, has just worn me out. Plus in 1st grade, things came SO natural to me... I really felt like I was a good teacher and now I'm not so sure about that... An ideal situation would be to be able to teach in a private setting but until our finances get in order that can't happen. Does anybody have any thoughts or advice? I know I'm probably just frustrated and burnt out so it's hard to think straight... but I'm just really at a loss about next year. I found out today that I definitely still have a job at my school next year - my district is seriously hurting in money so they're cutting back. So, that's good that I still have a job, but we are so short in resources and we can't take field trips... and it's just generally frustrating. Any teachers reading this would definitely understand that!! Any thoughts??

I guess I'll just leave with that - hope everybody enjoys the rest of this week - supposedly it's supposed to get warm again soon!!! ;)

Love y'all - Monique

1 comments:

jguidry

Hey girl, I do not think it matters what grade you teach you are going to get the sex comments it comes with the territory of teaching in this fallen world we live in. As for a different grade, I have absoulutely loved first grade, however, I am wondering if another year in the same grade level would help you feel more settled into a routine because you have already done first, second, and now third. I really can not say since I did two years in second and now one in first. I will say that I if you really enjoyed first then I would at least bring it up with your principal. Asking can not hurt and then if its meant to be it will happen. We have to remember that its not in our hands which is always difficult. I'm not sure if anything I said helped, I hope it did even in the slightest. Have a great spring break!!!