CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th, Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras and Any Other Holidays I May Have Missed...

OK so TAKS has apparently taken over my life. I eat it, sleep it, breathe it. Not really, but I'm so desperate to escape my school life that I keep myself SUPER busy... which keeps me off of here. I hardly ever check MySpace... .more frequently check Facebook but still not as much as usual and I'm really slacking on this poor blog. It was all be over after Tuesday!! Hooray!!

I'm going to try to update as much as possible without making this the longest blog on the planet. Here goes! Last I left off I was talking about the Valentine's party and what not... it went well, definitely crazy, but not too awful. I was definitley worried about having the party ON Friday the 13th, I'm a ridiculous superstitious type - but to my surprise the day went really normal! On Friday the 13th (day of the Valentine's party and the day we left for NOLA) Michael had to pick me up from school because he had to take care of my inspection and my looooong overdue oil change (oops!) so he had my car. I went to American Eagle and bought some new tops for New Orleans because I'm really feeling "fat" lately so I don't want to wear anything tight. If you're female, you know exactly what feeling I'm talking about!! We came home, loaded up the motor home, and started driving to New Orleans. We didn't make it very far because we were all starving so we stopped in Forney (about an hour and 15 away from home) to eat at Chili's and make a Wal-Mart run. I've found that no matter where on earth we travel, if there's a Wal-Mart - we have to stop at it. I wish I could explain it, but it seriously always happens!! So anywho... we finally got on the road about 9pm. We stopped somewhere and slept, then got back on the road the next morning about 4 hours out. Something happens to you when you start closing in on NOLA... seriously. Your whole attitude changes and I swear it's like entering a whole new world. Crossing over the swamps was too fun (with some interesting stories, haha) and we got incredibly blessed with finding an RV resort so we didn't have to stay in a Wal-Marr parking lot. The funny part is that it was right across from a cemetary, which if you know me you are probably shocked that I actually stayed in the park, but for some reason the cemetarys there are so interesting I'm too fascinated to be creeped out. Weird. We ended up staying in NOLA a day longer than we planned, mostly just because we were having way too much fun, but it was seriously one of the most fun trips I've taken in a LONG time! Totally worth it!! I'd share all the stories, but we'd be here forever... haha!!
I think it took me the rest of the week to get back into a normal pattern... Lord knows on Tuesday I barely even knew where I was! Guess that happens when you don't sleep normal hours for a couple of days!! We didn't do much last weekend but go to the RV show which sadly was really small... and everything was so cheaply priced! It really makes me wish we could afford something! Haha!! We also went to see Friday the 13th on Sunday - if you haven't seen it and you like scary movies - GO SEE IT!!! Words can't describe how good it was - best scary movie I've seen in a LONG time! :)

On Tuesday we celebrated Fat Tuesday with a group of friends in Bedford at this place called Duke's Roadhouse. This place went all out! They had a live band, crawfish, beads, hurricanes, $5 pitchers of beer... talk about indulgences!! haha!! It was really fun to be with everyone in one place and talk and have fun - of course people watching definitely had it's moments as well. I don't know about y'all, but watching people (especially during things like Fat Tuesday) really makes for an entertaining period of time. Haha!

Pictures below as promised!! (I only picked the favorites because there were over 200!!!!)


Love y'all!!
Visiting the above ground cemetary where Marie Laveau - "voodoo queen" was buried! Right across from the RV park!!!!
Yeah, yeah, yeah... we know.

Bourbon Street - Finally!!! We literally stayed like 4 blocks away - that's the way to do it!

At the pizza/daiquiri place... some of the best pizza I've ever had - but that might have been the Hurricanes talking!

Amanda and Nick at Razoo's - no relation to the restaraunt. Haha!

The 7th time's the charm... seriously, the lighting was really terrible!

After our "nap" for the night... before dinner at an Oyster place. Michael loved it!

Group shot at the Bourbon Cowboy - and no, Amanda and I didn't plan the same color shirt thing!

Hurricane's at Patty O's... yummmm!!!!!

With the sweet hubby @ Patty O's!

Amanda and I had to have these boas - you know, when in Rome... boy, they itched!!!!

Seriously, really funny story. But, it's also one of those "you had to be there" situations... HA
Group shot on the Mighty Mississippi!! Too cool! ;) I know, I know, we're dorks. Ha!

Just thought this was too funny... HAHA!!!
Tryin' on masks... don't we look just amazing??
Back at the RV with a 2nd round of Hurricanes... those things are brutal, but taste sooo good...
The only craziness we did to get these beads, is walk down the Mardi Gras aisle at Wal-Mart in a bad part of town... HAHA!!!

0 comments: