CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Countdown to TAKS... And Other Randomness...

I realize that this is not so much an "us" post as a "me" post, but I teach. What can I say? Haha! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and February is in full swing at school! Last week was "Crazy About TAKS" week so the kids had crazy hair one day, crazy slippers, crazy socks, crazy hats, and crazy uniform day. Crazy does not even begin to express how the week was!! This week we've been fortunate enough to have barometric issues as well as a full moon (which really does mess with the kids I don't care what anybody says!) plus a Friday the 13th and our Valentine's Party this week. Tomorrow night is also the Talent Show which we will lose half our Friday to next week so they can perform at school. All while we're supposed to be getting these kids ready to pass their first TAKS test (which they have to pass to go to 4th grade!)... and it's not working so well. The kids are crazy, burnt out, and boiling over with Spring fever!!!

Needless to say, it was not the week for me to decide that I didn't like the way my ADD meds make me feel...and then stop taking them. I've wandered around the past 2 days in a complete fog of forgetfulness... and I don't have time to forget! The meds make me so sleepy (I was falling asleep at like 7:30-8ish) but yet I couldn't stay asleep all night. Every little noise was waking me up!! So, even though I felt better off the meds (and I was actually staying awake normal hours, sleeping normal hours, and I seemed to be in a better mood), I need to think so I took them today to get things crossed off my list. Maybe I can find another kind that doesn't affect me so much! :)

We have 2 weeks left until the test, then 2 weeks until Spring Break. I am SO ready!!!!!!!! I always get really antsy this time of year... so much, in fact, that I usually get really lazy at school, cut out early, and skim by. At least I can admit it! I love it when the weather starts warming up and there's a warm breeze instead of a cool one.. the sun is shining.. and I start itching to chill out on a beautiful beach. Luckily in 4 weeks I'll be hopping up and down the Florida coast visiting several different ones!! I am SOOOO excited! (Did I already say that??) This year though... I'm not able to skip out early. At least not until this test is over. This year, my idea of leaving early is 5:30 (the kids are gone by 3). Everyone keeps telling me when this test is over I'll feel human again, and I'm very ready to remember what that feels like!!

One of my biggest ways of trying to feel like "myself" again, is to get into a groove of working out - funny thing is, I absolutely love to work out. I LOVE the way my body feels afterward - so used and limber and alive! I always sleep better too! ;) Once I get started, I can go for a couple of hours - I really do have fun doing it! Unfortunately though, I'm not consistant about it because when Michael's home I can't seem to push myself to do it. I'd rather spend time with him. If you have suggestions to get around that, let me know. I'm trying to really focus on why I want/need to be working out... so hopefully I can stick with it! I've worked out 2 days this week which is definitely a start!! :) Yay!

The other thing is, I refuse to do anything school related on the weekends. It makes for working really hard during the week, BUT I think it's what keeps me sane. Just last weekend we went and saw The Univited (so good, go see it!!) and spent the rest of the night at Dave & Busters. That was a blast!!!!! This weekend (I'm keeping my fingers crossed) we're supposed to be traveling to New Orleans... I haven't been since I was 19 and I can't wait to have THAT much fun!! A trip the month before Spring Break is a much needed break that I need, (I know my husband needs it because I drive him crazy with all the school stuff), and my best friend needs because she's a teacher too. If you teach, you should understand why that fact is enough.

I'll definitely take a TON of pictures!! Everybody enjoy your Valentine's Day!!

0 comments: