CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend of Painting!!!!

We've lived in our beautiful home, for over 2 years now. Unfortunately, when we moved in we were newlyweds with a husband who was trying to jump start his business off the ground, and a wife who was a first year teacher. Quick blurb for all of you "non-teachers" reading this... it gets really expensive!!!!

We've done a few things here and there over the past 2 years (minute, but hey it's better than nothing!) and finally, my dear sweet husband got tired of all the blank white walls. Yay! I'm so happy I can't hardly stand it!!

The really frustrating thing, is watching our house turn into a warm, cozy home and me not wanting to spend a dime on my new classroom, because I want to pour it all into the house. Talk about a dilemna! I know I need to be patient, people's houses do not transform into something amazing overnight... but for once I'd really like to put US first, and not my classroom. Haha! We will see! It's all just SO exciting!!

For now, here are some before and after pictures of our endeavor over the weekend. Stay tuned for more pics! The guest bath and formal area are up next!! Enjoy!

Love,

Monique and Michael

View of the "nook" into the living room, which we painted last November.

And this is the "after" picture!!

The wall opposite the living room, which is HUGE! I see a gorgeous hutch and paintings there soon...

See what I mean about paint making such a difference?!

This is the kitchen, from the living room. We have a very open main area!
This is the "after" picture of our beautiful kitchen!!

The main hallway before it's paint job....

And after!!! See the new pretty light?? :)

The other hallway that leads to the spare bedrooms, guest bath, and laundry room.

And after! We haven't put up the new lights yet, but they'll look just like the one in the other hallway.

The transition begins! Michael painting in the kitchen! :)

Me "slaving" away with the roller... HA! I loved every minute of it!!

0 comments: