CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 27, 2013

And Baby Makes Four...


Well as everyone knows by now, we are expecting blessing #2! I've got a blog post drafted trying to keep up with my weeks like I did with Liam, but it's proving to be much more difficult than the first go around.  Splitting my "free" time between chores, writing, blogs, uploading pics, and reading {for my sanity} is extremely difficult.  But, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Being a momma is truly the biggest blessing I've ever received in my life, other than God bringing my husband into my life.

I will 16 weeks tomorrow, which completely blows my mind.  I realized, yesterday, that I'm only a month away from being halfway through my pregnancy.  It has flown by.  I'm no longer working - that's another story for another blog post - but despite the ridiculous way it transpired and heavy it made my heart, God made that decision for me and it's turning out to be the best decision for our family.  Liam is sleeping better now that he has a consistent schedule {no 50 min drive to and from work two days a week} and he can sleep as long as he needs instead of having his nap cut short those same two days.  I no longer am living with a giant stressball inside worrying about having to call in if Liam gets sick {{again}} and I'm hoping that he will also stay healthier for much longer periods of time this way.  We had hardly dealt with sickness before I took the job at Mothers Day Out and since October I feel like Liam has been through the ringer.  It's been hard on all of us.

I found out last week that I'm facing the same issues with my right kidney as I did with Liam, but since I've already been through this once, I know what to expect and how to deal with it.  Of course it's a little frightening because we don't want it to get out of hand and require surgery, but I'm just putting my faith in God that he won't give me anymore than I can handle.  This sweet baby is doing fabulous, already very active according to the sonogram and the few times I've felt him/her.  I have to be sitting/.laying just right since he/she is still so small {the size of an apple} but I love feeling the little flutters and punches.  I don't think I could ever get sick of that feeling...  I can't wait to feel him/her roll around or get the hiccups! Haha!

Michael is doing amazing at his job, which he loves, and I couldn't be more proud of him.  The commute {while temporary} is difficult but we remind ourselves that it isn't forever, and we just make the most we can of the limited time we get to see each other.  No matter how stressed we get, we always remind ourselves that there are people out there who have it much worse and we are incredibly blessed to have all that we do.  We will be moving during the heat of the summer {I'm feeling a little like Tori Spelling with the moving into new houses pregnant...} which isn't ideal, but it is what it is! We have no solid plans yet, but that time is getting closer which is so exciting.  We are more than ready!

Liam continues to blossom every single day.  At 20 months old I feel like he's some kind of baby genius {what do I know, I'm incredibly biased!!} since he is starting to recognize things like 'heart', 'triangle', 'black',  'blue' on one of his baby apps and can drag the appropriate "fish" to the tank when he hears the word.  It amazes me everytime I see him do it.  He is getting really good at his puzzle app, and doesn't get near as frustrated when he can't figure it out! He's still not saying a lot {his vocab is prob around 20 words right now} but he's a great communicator.  I'm usually pretty clear about exactly what he wants/needs.  We have a system.  ;)

People ask me all the time if I will ever go back to teaching and while I'm careful to not use the word never, I don't have any desire to step back into the world of education.  It's too political and it's not enough about the kids which is why I got into it in the first place.  If I were to teach I think it would be higher level, like history, or maybe even English since those are my two biggest passions... I'm back to writing in all my free time ::laughs:: and while sometimes it's frustrating, it's also very fulfilling.  I'm very private about it because it's been a passion mine for literally as long as I can remember, but I've been lucky enough to stumble across some fabulous people that are like my own little writing family.  Between their encouragement and my husbands gentle nudges to get me to chase after a life-long dream, I count my lucky stars daily.  Don't expect me to post about this often, because like I said it's incredibly private to me and not many people understand creative passions {especially when it doesn't produce substantial income unless you are incredibly lucky} and I understand that, which is why I won't ever be all in your face about it.  ;)


Later, loves.


0 comments: